Friday, November 9, 2007

Task #23 Summary

I will have to try to condense my thoughts here because I really could go on for days about this program. This has been an amazing opportunity for me to gain a whole lot of knowledge really really quickly. I didn't really know how out of date I was until I started this and I feel I have made enormous leaps and bounds in such a short time.

The difficulty for me is that as I work limited hours I have done the program from home and that means squeezing it into short spells. I have felt quite frustrated by not being able to spend more time to get into each topic in more detail. Still, I have, at least been able to get enough info to feel I understand each bit of technology.

Where to from here? I think that now I will embrace the possibilities of this technology and look for new ways to use it. Up to now I think I wanted to push it away because I didn't understand it but now I can't wait to see it happen.

My first use of Web 2.0 will be to use it to see what work opportunities are out there. I am thinking that by using things like Rollyo and some RSS feeds I might be able to refine my job search techniques and not waste so much time. I think this will be a good practical opportunity to use the technology and will give me some more food for thought for the future.

Thanks so much for running this program. I have enjoyed it enormously.

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Congratulations on completing the program. I'm glad you have enjoyed the learning experience.

Lynette