Monday, October 22, 2007

Task #15 On Library 2.0

It is amazing stuff. The YouTube video was brilliant. It all gives me great hope about the future for our profession but it seems as though we are so far behind I don't know how we can catch up. I think the idea that a library is a community and we have to break down the barriers to access to allow our users to shape the development of the library is fantastic but will require a massive shift in our thinking.

I think we need to look to the younger staff members to push us. It is one thing for people like me to learn and adapt but it is quite another for those people who have grown up expecting the world to be this way to drive development. Those who have grown up with the technology will demand more of it instead of those of us who are still trying to catch up who want the evolution to slow down so we can get our heads around it.

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Great comments...I must say I agree totally with you
Keep up the good work

Lynette